Remember how I said I don’t really care for pumpkin anything? It’s amazing how many recipes I’ve found lately that have really turned my palette around! Pumpkin normally grosses me out, I’m not really sure what it is…the texture or the taste. Or it could be the fact that I threw up and got incredibly sick after eating a pumpkin pie at a thanksgiving dinner about a decade ago…yes a decade ago…an elephant never forgets right?
Well today this elephant is bringing you yet another fall and thanksgiving favorite Pumpkin Pie! Not just any pumpkin pie, but MINI pumpkin pies. You guys will be MIND BLOWN when you see how easy and FAST these little desserts are. Seriously, the cuteness factor of is at 100. I whipped these little guys out in about 45 minutes…NO JOKE! The only thing that takes a little while is the cooling BUT, you could totally eat them warm and they will still be just as amazing…if not better!
You will need:
1 – can of pumpkin pie filling (the BIG can, I think it’s like 30 oz?)
1 – box of pillsbury ready made chilled pie crust
1 – 5oz. can of evaporated milk
2 – large eggs
butter or cooking spray (i prefer butter)
A whisk, a muffin tin, a 4″ round bowl or cup to cut out pie crust ( a little smaller will also work just fine), a medium sized bowl and a wire cooling rack.
I literally just followed the directions on the back of the pumpkin pie filling can. It’s really easy and fast and comes out tasting great. I really don’t know why I didn’t make these sooner.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Either spray your muffin tin with cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all your ingredients
- pumpkin pie filling
- evaporated milk
- Let your pie crust sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes
- Unroll your pie crust, each box holds 2 and you will need both.
- Place bowl on pie crust and gently turn back and forth to cut out a 4″ circle. Should yield around 10 circles, and you will have a lot of dough left over. I just rolled it together and took a rolling pin and rolled it back out to cut out more circles.
- Take your circles and place them over the muffin tin and press into each compartment of the tin.
- Press gently on the sides to make flat and push down so that the bottom sits nice and flat. Be careful not to poke any holes into the crust!
- Fill each crust with pumpkin pie filling and fill up until only about 1/4″ of crust is showing on the top.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower Oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Take out and cool in tin for 15 minutes
- Remove from tin to wire rack and cool for additional 30 minutes or so, ideally an hour.
- Top will whipped cream and you’re done!
- A smaller circle will also work and give you a shallower pie, these are like deep dish mini pies! lol.
- If you feel like getting fancy you can use your extra dough and fall inspired cookie cutters to cut out fall leaves and just place them on top of the pie. They will crisp up in the oven while baking.
- Make sure you have the 5 oz can of evaporated milk! I didn’t and spent an extra 15 minutes scooping out the extra milk. FAIL!
- Make sure you wait until they are cooled because they are pretty much still cooking while they are in the tin!
- You could use these pre-made pie crusts to make ANY type of pie! If I get the guts to try some out I will let you know and I hope you let me know if you also try this with a different filling!
- You don’t need to use pillsbury, it was just what was on sale.
- Don’t use frozen crust! If you do, please let it thaw out completely before using!
- Make sure to tap the muffin tin onto a hard surface to help the filling settle and add more filling as necessary or your pie will start to separate from crust when cooling!
What did I tell you? Mind blowing right? Please hurry out and make these…NOW! You won’t regret it. I promise! Let me know how these turned out for you in the comments down below!